Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A Meltdown of the Non-Nuclear Variety

Six months ago I wouldn't have believed I'd be here, in bed, 11 days from my birthday. And all I want for my birthday is peace of mind, not to sound like I'm ripping off Boston or anything. Christmas list, as I told my family, "Money to pay all those bills Vanderbilt likes to keep sending me." Oh, and electric, phone, and car insurance, and my now expired tags, and my debt payment, and January rent because I sure as hell won't have that when the new year rolls around.

Seriously. If this gets any worse they're going to write a bloody Broadway musical about it. And if I don't stop watching Hell's Kitchen, people are going to start thinking I'm British. That is, if I ever saw people, which I don't.

That's depressing, by the way. I don't recommend being a hermit. I guess if I were Thomas Pynchon I could live without social interaction, but I'm not, and I can't. I am, however, going to dig into Gravity's Rainbow once Christmas is over and I can stop sewing 8 hours a day. It sure does make the time fly, though, and yesterday, I mastered my first French knot stitch! Sweet! That's been giving me trouble for the past 12 years. I can't wait to tell my mom!

(seconds later)

I just did, via a text message! I'm also working on some new dessert recipes. It's a little frustrating, however, as I can't actually get to my kitchen and test any of them. In my head, they are fabulous and tasty!

I'm using some vacation time to get some pay, but that sucks because I really need a vacation. And, yes, I'm aware that I'm not doing any actual work now, but I need a change of scenery. Hell, put me on bedrest in the Caymans, or even Cuba. At least health care is free there.

No comments: