Sunday, November 28, 2004

Let me drunk! I'm not drive!

Well, the long break for Thanksgiving meant I got to spend some quality time drinking with my parents. Here's the story.

Wednesday I was off from work, and the rest of the days I worked day shifts, if at all. So Wednesday night I met my parents at The Shack to hear Sammy play, along with Linda and Jimmy, Mike and Fran, and some guy (John I think) and his wife Linda.

I had about three drinks, a steak, and some dessert. At about 11 we decided to leave on account that everyone else, including the staff, was about to. Earlier in the evening Mike and Fran left, and since they rode with Linda and Jimmy, my dad told them to take the CRV.

Well, when the rest of our crew was ready to go, we realized there were few sober drivers and even fewer seats in vehicles.

Because I'd stopped drinking two hours ago, I drove my mom and dad home, first having to clear my mom off a small space to sit in the backseat of my car, then sternly telling my dad not to sit in the driver's seat, because he tried to.

Friday night was another night of fun as Adam came to visit (yeah, I know I promised not to blog about my boyfriend. Oh well). My parents spent the evening stealing each others' beers when the other wasn't looking. Naturally, Adam and I both had a little too much to drink, so neither one of us could operate a motor vehicle. My dad drove. Again, it was a default thing.

It was nice having a few drinks Friday, because family get-togethers sometimes leave me thinking "Gee, I could really go for a shot or two or eight right about now."


No comments: