Thursday, March 05, 2009

Let Operation: Shawshank Redemption Commence!

A quick note while I get settled in from seeing my dad. On my way up there, thanks to some tweets, I found out that MTSU is considering cutting a number of majors and/or programs in order to save money. Among them, of course, are my two majors: applied mathematics and philosophy.

First off, what kind of crappy-ass college doesn't offer philosophy as a major? Or applied mathematics for that matter? So, in response, I am starting a letter-writing campaign inspired by my favorite movie, The Shawshank Redemption. I will write one e-mail per day to MTSU President Sidney McPhee, the MTSU Faculty Senate, TBR, and anyone else I can think of. My goal is to also include one written letter each week, and my e-mails and letters will be inspired by various philosophers.

Take that, MTSU! Thanks for trying to screw me out of a degree even when I'm no longer enrolled.

I courage everyone to do the same. Er, I mean, write letters. Don't screw me. Unless you're Johnny Depp.

No comments: