Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'll Think I'll Run out of Gas on the Way to Boston, Because I Can't Marry a Lesbian

Last night, I got my mom's oil changed and got her a new air filter, all of which cost $70.99, which I think is nuts. So today I checked my bank account online to see TWO CHARGES PENDING FOR $70.99!

I'm aware that this freak thing happens every now and then, but really, why is it on my account? I called customer service, but it may be a day before they can fix it. My bank can't do anything until it posts, at which time I can dispute the second charge.

So, my friends, tonight my account will most likely overdraw, leading to inevitable overdraft charges that I shouldn't have to pay because this is clearly not my fault. And, by the time they straighten it out, my paycheck will already be pending, and a sizable chunk of that will be used up in these overdraft charges.

And I, my friends, will run out of gas sometime on Thursday. But fear not - I have a blanket in my mom's car, and I guess I'll bring a change of clothes or something because, you know, I'm obviously going to have to sleep there.

I hate banks. And debit cards. And credit cards. And pretty much anything having to do with money. Except money. I like money.

Let's have a shoutout to Michael, whose words of encouragement I value greatly. Michael - YOU ROCK. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OK, that was the shout. Out.

Tennessee: What the fuck?!

I heard this song while driving home from work the other night, and it seemed to fit me. So here's your song of the sporadic moment: "Boston" by Augustana.

In the light of the sun, is there anyone? Oh it has begun...
Oh dear you look so lost, eyes are red and tears are shed,
This world you must've crossed... you said...

You don't know me, you don't even care,
She said
You don't know me, you don't wear my chains...

Essential yet appealed, carry all your thoughts across
An open field,
When flowers gaze at you... they're not the only ones who cry
When they see you
You said...

You don't know me, you don't even care,
She said
You don't know me, you don't wear my chains...

She said I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly em out to Spain...
I think I'll go to Boston,
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset,
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice...
Boston... where no one knows my name...

No comments: