Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For Those Who Pray, Meditate, or Just Shout at the Heavens

Two people I love very much are going through some extremely difficult times right now. The first is Sarah, my sorority sister and dear friend. Her mother has brain cancer, and anyone who believes in a higher power needs to keep her family in their thoughts and prayers. The second is Kelli, a dear friend from high school. Her father was severely injured in a car accident, and she and her family need prayers of strength and hope. These two women are generous, kind souls, and they do not deserve the pain they are feeling. I hope that everyone who knows them tells them they are not alone.

This has put my own life into perspective. Sometimes I get lost in my struggles, and I forget all of the things I still have to be happy about. It seems like my current situation is pushing me to make a change, and maybe that's what I need. I'm passionate about so many things, and I think it's time I start focusing on them. I want to be a pastry chef, and maybe I need to just get out there and do it. I'm hoping to find a culinary school I can afford.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on as they say, and maybe I should start up my gratitude journal again. I wonder where that is. To all of my friends and family who have been supportive during my difficult times, and who continue to do so, I am forever grateful. Leslie, when I get better, you're definitely getting some free babysitting!

No comments: