Thursday, February 17, 2005

"My unrivaled awesomeness!"

Colby did something blog-worthy today.

The trouble is I don't remember what it was. I was in the office today, and I remember saying to him, "You might make the blog today." And even though he ragged on me for not blogging more often, I decided to make good on my non-promise.

Michaela wants to make the blog, too. I've chosen her as my assistant. This really doesn't mean anything, as I have no authority to do this and have no need for an assistant. Mostly I just suggest that she do things for me, and she doesn't do them, and that's that. But once I gave her my debit card to get me a sandwich, and that was nice.

I have given her the extremely important responsibility of bringing me back a cheesy souvenir from San Francisco. I'm talking really cheesy, like a box of Rice-A-Roni made to look like a cable car and wrapped in a rainbow-colored gay pride shirt. Let's hope she remembers. If she does, I bet she'll make the blog again.

OK, enough with the enticing Michaela to bring me stuff.

Manda and I have been engaging in a back-and-forth bickering dialogue via the Sidelines dry erase story board. It started in the Opinions section and it's starting to leak into State & Local and Sports. Each comment has an arrow pointing to the next one. It's really quite amusing.

It all started with the listings of which columnists run each day, so under my name it says "who is still awesome."

Here is how the rest reads thus far:
"Bah, we'll see about that."
"Insanely jealous."
"Jealous of what?"
"My unrivaled awesomeness!"
"Hey! Hey! Be civil now!"
"Your mom's civil!"
"What?"
"I'm not responsible for your mom's shortcomings."

Indeed, I'm not.

No comments: