Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I Don't Have Meningitis!

So I haven't blogged in a while, mainly because last Monday I had a lovely trip to the doctor that went a little something like this:
DR: "Is this the worst headache of your life?"
ME: "Yes."
DR: "Do you have any neck pain?"
ME: "Yes."
DR: "Have you had any blurred or double vision?"
ME: "Yes."
DR: "Do you have a friend who can take you to the emergency room?"

So I went. They did a cat scan, took five vials of blood and damn near gave me a heart attack until they told me they don't think I have meningitis and they weren't going to do a spinal tap.

The verdict is that I have a virus that makes it feel like my brain is banging against my skull. Translation: They have no clue, but I'm not dying.

Now I'm starting to see stars, though, so I'm going back tomorrow. Oh fun.

2 comments:

theogeo said...

Yikes. You need to take more Flintstones.

Wendy said...

Actually, that sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll buy a couple dozen boxes. Couldn't hurt.