Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"It's not a tumor!"

This afternoon I'll get to find out my MRI results. I can't wait to check out my illuminated brain. I'm excited. This is all, of course, assuming I haven't developed some weird neurological disorder since my CT last year. If I've got a tumor or something, I'm not going to be amused.

The brew sale has come and gone, and because of my excellent selling skills (or coercing all employees to buy from me - same thing, really), my boss has to take me to the Marble Slab Creamery in her BMW convertible! Woot!

I have more counseling on Thursday. I'm sure after tonight's meeting and vote, I'm going to need more than just 50 minutes.

The apartment search is on. We'll see how that goes. I may just end up moving to Hendersonville for the summer. I'd save hella rent money.

And now, for your enjoyment, some fun quotations courtesy of Overheard in the Office.

Co-worker #1: Are they going to do that thing where they make it get darker earlier again this year?
Co-worker #2: You mean Daylight Savings? Yes, I think so. I think it happens pretty much every year.

Payroll: Have you been outside today? It's getting really warm!
Employee: Yes, I magically teleported here this morning without ever stepping outside.

CSR on phone: No ma'am, I cannot get the part to you today. If I could beam myself to your house and deliver the part myself, I would. But since I can't, you will have to wait for overnight shipping.

Editor #1: Should we tell the author we lost that whole section of the manuscript?
Editor #2: No, let's not announce that we're incompetent.
Editor #1: Yeah, let's let it be a surprise.

No comments: