Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Black King Kong and Cox's Intervention

Today was bizarre. After my freakishly long blog earlier, I went to Wal-Mart to run some errands. Robert went home for a few days, allowing me plenty of time to finish all that pesky unpacking I should've done two weeks ago. Will I do it? Probably not, but I'll at least give it a shot tonight.

I couldn't find any contact paper. Where the hell do you get contact paper? I went all over both Wal-Marts, but my treks were fruitless.

Afterward, I went to Cox's for some rum and orange juice. Project Pat and the Chad were there, as was some guy whose name I can't remember. In fact, I'm not sure I ever knew it. Kristin and Alan came later, and then we watched some [adult swim].

During all this, Cox mentioned that he's moving to Portland, TN. Well, Kristin just wouldn't have that. She came over to him and kept insisting he not move. It was quite entertaining. She even mentioned his recent journalism degree and all the jobs he could be getting with it. Kristin really doesn't want Cox to move.

Later, we were watching a preview for The Longest Yard. After we all bitched for a minute about how they shouldn't remake it, Kristin highlighted how there were many cool wrestlers in it, including some big black guy who is like King Kong in Japan. Ha! Yeah, she made that noise. It was funny.

And now, the song of the day: "Pink" by Aerosmith.

Pink it's my new obsession
Pink it's not even a question,
Pink on the lips of your lover, 'cause
Pink is the love you discover

Pink as the bing on your cherry
Pink 'cause you are so very
Pink it's the color of passion
'Cause today it just goes with the fashion

Pink it was love at first sight
Pink when I turn out the light, and
Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight

You could be my flamingo
'Coz pink is the new kinda lingo
Pink like a deco umbrella
It's kink - but you don't ever tell her

Pink it was love at first sight, and
Pink when I turn out the light
Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight

I want to be your lover
I wanna wrap you in rubber
As pink as the sheets that we lay on
Pink it's my favorite crayon, yeah

Pink it was love at first sight
Pink when I turn out the light
Pink it's like red but not quite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight

No comments: