Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Evan Williams Sunrise

OK, so I don't do tequila. I had an Evan Williams sunrise. In the hot tub. Life is good.

Around 5:11 a.m. I changed back into non-bikini clothing and was about to go to sleep when my phone rang at 5:30. It was work. Here's what happened:

Tracie: "Hey, Wendy. Do you want to come in and work a little this morning?"
Me: "I haven't been to bed yet, and I'm really drunk."
Tracie: "Oh. OK!"

So Lindsey sent this mass e-mail getting-to-know-you thing, so I thought I'd take a crack at it today.

1) If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? Greece

2) What's your favorite article of clothing? My cherry tank top

3) Favorite feature(s) of the opposite sex? Arms, eyes, intelligence

4) What's the last CD that you bought? Wow, I have no idea. My car is sans CD-player these days, so I don't buy many CDs. I guess it was the Garden State soundtrack? I don't know...let's go with that anyway.

5) Where's your favorite place to be? Disney World or bed

6) Where's your least favorite place to be? The dentist or the ER, because they stick me with needles.

7) What's your favorite place to be massaged? Neck, back, as long as it's not my feet

8) What's most important, strong in mind or strong in body? Being as though I'm 103.5 pounds of fury, I'll have to go with mind

9) What time do you wake up? If I open, 4:13 a.m.; if I'm a mid shift, an hour before work; if I close, between 1 and 2; if I don't work, whenever I wake up

10) What's your favorite kitchen appliance? Refrigerator or microwave

11) What makes you really angry? Many things...I like Lindsey's answer: Republicans. Also: stupid people, bad drivers, anything really if you catch me at the wrong time could potentially make me angry - that's the fun of me!

12) If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Guitar

13) Favorite color(s)? Black and blue

14) Which do you prefer sports car or SUV? A sports car

15) Do you believe in the afterlife? Sure

16) Favorite Children's Book? One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

17) What is your favorite season? Summer

18) What is your least favorite household chore? Dishes

19) If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Mind reading

20) If you have a tattoo, what is it? Despite my low threshold for pain, I have one on my upper back: a yellow rose inside a sun

21) Can you juggle? An extreme no

22) The one person from your past you wish you could go back and talk with? Is this supposed to be a question? It seems to me there's no verb. OK, I'd have to say Rene Descartes...I know he's not from MY past, but he's from THE past, and that's something.

23) What's your favorite day? Whatever day I don't have to work

24) What's in the trunk of your car? Wow...tons of shit. A DVD player, some bags of stuff, some of my sister's shit...I mean, what isn't in my car? A body...yeah...don't be too sure on that one

25) What do you prefer sushi or a hamburger? Hamburger, same as Lindsey, only add bacon to these cheese and pickles, and it's a bonus if there's Swiss cheese

26) Favorite flower: White rose

27) If you have any piercings, where are they and how many? 8 in my ears and my belly ring

28) Who is the most inspirational person in your life? (They can be
dead or alive) My aunt Beth, interior designer, mother, cancer survivor, great cook

And now, the song of the day: "The Heart of the Matter" by Don Henley

I got the call today, I didn’t wanna hear
But I knew that it would come
An old, true friend of ours was talkin’ on the phone
She said you’d found someone
And I thought of all the bad luck,
And the struggles we went through
And how I lost me and you lost you
What are these voices outside love’s open door
Make us throw off our contentment
And beg for something more?

I’m learning to live without you now
But I miss you sometimes
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I knew, I’m learning again
I’ve been tryin’ to get down
To the heart of the matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it’s about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don’t love me anymore

These times are so uncertain
There’s a yearning undefined
And people filled with rage
We all need a little tenderness
How can love survive in such a graceless age?
The trust and self-assurance that lead to happiness
They’re the very things - we kill I guess
Pride and competition
Cannot fill these empty arms
And the work I put between us
You know it doesn’t keep me warm

I’m learning to live without you now
But I miss you, baby
And the more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I’d figured out
I have to learn again
I’ve been trying to get down
To the heart of the matter
But everything changes
And my friends seem to scatter
But I think it’s about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don’t love me anymore

There are people in your life who’ve come and gone
They let you down you know they hurt your pride
You better put it all behind you baby; life goes on
You keep carryin’ that anger; it’ll eat you up inside, baby

I’ve been trying to get down
To the heart of the matter
But my will gets weak
And my thought seem to scatter
But I think it’s about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don’t love me
I’ve been tryin’ to get down

To the heart of the matter
Because the flesh will get weak
And the ashes will scatter
So I’m thinkin’ about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don’t love me
Forgiveness
Forgiveness - baby
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, you don’t love me anymore

No comments: