Monday, May 02, 2005

Drumlines, Nemeses, Starters

I just learned a valuable lesson: If you go to Auto Zone in really tight pants, you get to go to the front of the line. Note to self. If any of you guys are gonna try this, I insist on being there. I mean, it was my idea.

Define weird: Last night, after my day of Buffy and little else, I stayed up until 8:20 a.m. talking to the arch nemesis online. I also talked to Cadence until 7:42. Yeah, that Cadence, from blogs of yore. It was nice. We hadn't talked in a while. It's fun to compare fucked-up lives. I think I won.

My dad is going to buy my starter in Hendersonville, and then they're going to transfer it to the Murfreesboro store so I can pick it up tonight. Wow. What a roundabout thing to do. Even more proof I'm broke.

The better news: When I bring the old starter back, I get cash! Cash for my broke ass! This is good news indeed. I give them a starter that doesn't work, and they give me $35. And it's totally legal!

I'm going to get a kitten. I'm very excited about this. I can't wait! I'm not sure exactly when I'll get it, but I'm nonetheless thrilled about the venture. I dig cats. And kittens are just supercute cats.

I finished my insurance final and project, and now my semester has come to a screeching halt. What a nice feeling. If I weren't so poor, I'd celebrate with a drink or two or never. Alas, that will have to wait.

The Tina let me take her car on my starter excursion. It felt good to drive. Her brakes rock, too. I just have to think about stopping, and the car ceases to move.

Erica was supposed to come see me at work Saturday night, but she diddn't. I'll forgive her just this once.

And now, the song of the day: "Empty Garden" by Elton John. And, yes, it's about the Beatle. Weird that I pick that for the song of the day, because I'm not too big on the Beatles, but I dig the song.

What happened here
As the New York sunset disappeared
I found an empty garden among the flagstones there
Who lived here
He must have been a gardener that cared a lot
Who weeded out the tears and grew a good crop
And now it all looks strange
It’s funny how one insect can damage so much grain

And what’s it for
This little empty garden by the brownstone door
And in the cracks along the sidewalk nothing grows no more
Who lived here
He must have been a gardener that cared a lot
Who weeded out the tears and grew a good crop
And we are so amazed we’re crippled and we’re dazed
A gardener like that one no one can replace

And I’ve been knocking but no one answers
And I’ve been knocking most all the day
Oh and I’ve been calling oh hey hey Johnny
Can’t you come out to play

And through their tears
Some say he farmed his best in younger years
But he’d have said that roots grow stronger if only he could hear
Who lived there
He must have been a gardener that cared a lot
Who weeded out the tears and grew a good crop
Now we pray for rain, and with every drop that falls
We hear, we hear your name

And I’ve been knocking but no one answers
And I’ve been knocking most all the day
Oh and I’ve been calling oh hey hey Johnny
Can’t you come out to play

Johnny can’t you come out to play in your empty garden

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I've been proven wrong by Wendy. I did post that shit on this site a few mornings ago on my own free will. I suppose that's what 8 hours of PGA will do to you. Who knew?
With my fault being recognized: Fine, I stand by most of it, no matter what. Even drunk as I can get, I still took no personal shots. And to anyone who made a threat, I still take it as a challenge, and as your hero John the Money-Marrier would put it: "Bring It On." Also, to this young man known as "Matthew" I can only say to change the link of your name from ( I believe it is your sister's site)a girl's site to maybe something that pertains to you so I could figure it out, even though I was 90% sure who you were when I saw the name, it's better not to make wild assumptions. And don't threaten me with your car because I'm not worried about a liberal trying to hit me (maybe hit ON me though). But at least have the balls to make the threat to.... ok I've now officially gotten tired of defending myself from personal harm on the fucking internet. It's degrading and makes me feel like all those Final Fantasy games I've played have finally turned me into the dork I never wanted to me. So here it is: If you got the balls, I got the time. And that's the end of that.

Sincerely,
Robert FUCKING Curtis
i.e. Bad Mother Fucker

Anonymous said...

You know, I would have thought you'd have been smart enough to realize that, by my second post, I was completely not serious about that whole vehicular homicide thing. Oi. Now if I had a kiln handy, that would be a whole 'nother ballgame...

I mean, come on. I acknowledged that it was an empty threat. How can you take it seriously after that? Geeze, lighten up. Breathe some helium, if that's what it takes.

And, really, hit on you? Trust me, I have much better taste than that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and since this is the Wendirama's blog... :P

Yay for kittens! (And fixed cars, too, but kitten > car in several regards.) You know Manda and I are going to want to see... especially Manda. She LOVES kittens.

T.V. Fritz said...

I'll try the hot-pants at Auto World thing.

Wendy said...

Nice to see you kids are feuding in the daytime.

Anonymous said...

Well, it was still morning to me, because I had just woken up.

Wendy: like a cup of coffee in da mornin'.