Monday, May 02, 2005

In Bed with Buffy

What a day off I had.

Yes, I had a day off. And it was a good one during which I did nothing that could possibly be construed as productive.

First, I slept until around 1:30 p.m. I then called Holly (my boss), read some Harry Potter, and fell asleep for a nap sometime between 2 and 2:30 p.m.

I woke from the nap at 4:45 p.m. I then watched Buffy with the Tina until 9 p.m. I took a shower, dropped by Starbucks, and went on a quest to Hvegas to get the rest of my Buffy seasons. I also picked up some dresses, clothing, and realized I have way too many pairs of shoes. I mean, seriously, it's ridiculous. I need 12 steps.

When we got back, I saw that I've been referenced on JR's blog, which totally feeds my ego and narcissism, and I really need that right now. Thanks, JR, you're a pal.

I did less moping today than usual. Actual, I didn't cry at all, and I only almost cried like twice. It's an uphill battle, but I'm one of the troops. Or some other cliche - take your pick.

I'm glad that my blog has become some kind of forum of support for me. Thanks to Manda and Meggers for having my back. You both rock my world! Yes, that's my new phrase.

Season 3 is about to come to an end, and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss the big showdown with the mayor, so I'm off to lie in bed some more and watch Buffy with the Tina, because clearly four hours wasn't nearly enough. Ah, yes. I hear the theme from Nerf Herder. It calls me. But first, here are some quotes from the best show ever from Spike, the sexiest dead man ever.

"You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love 'til it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."

"You want me to leave, you can put your hands on my hot tight little body and make me."

"Is everyone here very stoned?"

"Every night I save you."

"When I say, 'I love you,' it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman."

Aww, tear. And with that, I'm off.

1 comment:

Colby said...

But I thought Elvis was the sexiest dead man ever...

I was a big Buffy fan through the first 2 1/2 seasons, before it just started going weird on me. During that time, however, I realized that all the really hot chicks at my school (if any girl can be considered hot in the seventh grade) watched the show, so it at least gave me opportunities to speak to those higher on the social totem pole. For that, Buffy, I thank you.