Tuesday, June 07, 2005

"High" Court Just Says No

First off, I will never again refer to the Supreme Court as the "high" court. It's anything but. What a bunch of fascism.

So for those of you who are unaware, here's the lowdown: The Supreme Court ruled Monday 6-3 that federal authorities (ahem, NARCS) can prosecute people who smoke marijuana to help with the pain of some diseases. Keep in mind, this pot-smoking is completely doctor-approved.

Well, those robed law interpreters say that the federal anti-getting high laws supercede the state doctor-approved tokin' laws.

Before we know it, they're gonna pull all the good painkillers out of the pharmacies, too. Why take those big bad narcotics for pain when you can just be a law-abiding sufferer?

In other news, last night we had a LATE production - I didn't leave the office until 1 a.m. Naturally, Murphy's Law takes precedent over Wendy's production schedule, but don't tell the Supreme Court that - they might overrule it.

I went to the neurologist today, and I saw a nurse practioner who told me I have migraines. She gave me a headache book. I may or may not read it.

So apparently, my first migraine lasted two months. Now, that sounds a little whack to me, but I'm not the almost-doctor she is, so I guess I can't judge her diagnosis. Well, I shouldn't. I still might.

Last night, Manda, Matthew, and I headed to IHOP for some international pancake fun. It was an enjoyable experience, and good times were had by all.

What song could be more appropriate than Toby Keith's "I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again" as today's pick? I can't think of anything better.

I always heard that his herb was top shelf
I just could not wait to find out for myself
Don't knock it 'til you tried it, Well I tried it my friend
And I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

I learned a hard lesson in a small Texas town
He fired up a fat boy and passed him around
The last words that I spoke before they tucked me in
Was "I'll never smoke weed with Willie again"

I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
My partie's all over before it begins
You can pour me some old Whiskey River my friend
But I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

I hopped on his old bus, the Honey Suckle Rose
The party was Vegas it was after the show.
Alone in the front lounge with just me and him,
With one parting puff grim creeper set in.

I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
My partie's all over before it begins
You can pour me some old Whiskey River my friend
But I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

Now we're passing the guitar and telling good jokes
I know ones a-comin' cause I'm smelling smoke
No I do not partake, I just let it pass by
With a smile on my face and a great contact high

I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
My partie's all over before it begins
You can pour me some old Whiskey River my friend
But I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

In the fetal position with drool on my chin
I messed up and smoked weed with Willie again

No comments: