Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Woke up This Morning, Got Yourself A Degree

It's official now: I'm going to graduate.

Granted, this won't happen until December 2006, but I'm not sure even then I'll be ready to join the ranks of those who have gone before me, heading out to join the real world with college degrees only to be shunned by the man because, hey, everyone has a college degree.

I'm quite apprehensive about this. I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with leaving school forever. I'm contemplating grad school right now. Hell, I've always wanted to get a doctorate in something.

Saturday, Michelle and Jason got married, but that's not the story here. That night, at the reception, I had three beers. Keep in mind I don't usually drink beer, so I'm not sure what my beer tolerance is just yet. After my rapid beer drinking (I beat my mom!), it came to my attention that one of Mike's relatives/friends (I'm not sure) had some whiskey.

I had a cup of Jack Daniel's. Not Jack and Coke. Not even Jack and ice. Just Jack. Yeah. That was a bad idea.

"Beer before liquor, never sicker."

I didn't do that on purpose. Had I known liquor would be available, I wouldn't have had any beer.

My dad took me out to Mike's truck, where I spent about 3 hours lying down with one foot on the floor of the truck at all times. He and my mom continued the receptioning, and my dad drove me home when it was all over around 1:15 a.m.

When I got home, my mom kept trying to give me Alka-Seltzer, but I opted to stay up watching The Sopranos until 4 a.m., when I was finally sober enough to sleep without fear of hangover.

I'm often amazed at how cool my parents are. They were just like, "It's OK - it's happened to all of us."

No comments: