Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Technology Versus The Ocean

Manda let me borrow Running with Scissors today with one stipulation: I cannot break the spine.

I've never read a book without doing this, most likely because I've never tried. I'm quite apprehensive about it, but I'm sure I'll be successful. As long as I never stop thinking about how I'm holding the book.

I was online earlier, post doctor visit, and I got to chat with Platonic Anna and Becky. Ah, the Internet, bridging the gaps caused by big oceans.

It's actually fascinated, and because Lindsey has been blogging about getting into the actual human world instead of the cyberworld, I will take this time to make a shameless plea:

Please, Lindsey! Stay in the cyberworld. Every day I read your blog (even though you don't update it daily all the time). I dig the new blog look, by the way. If not for the cyberworld, there would be no blog. So, while it's nice to want to get out and enjoy the Memphisness of Memphis, you'll eventually just see that it's, well, Memphis. It's just a metropolis of American capitalist blah blah blah, and it's judging you. The Pyramid is judging you. I'm not judging you. The cyberworld isn't judging you.

Wow, I'm apparently a closet conspiracy theorist. That's good to know. At governor's school when I was 16, we had a 20-minute conversation on the reality of oceans. They aren't real. You aren't real. Your blog isn't real. And that hot little redhead? She's not real either. Your pain is real, though. And so is your shame.

Nice to know I can always fall back on my philosophy minor. I'm kidding. However, I'm fairly certain my degree will NEVER be real.

1 comment:

theogeo said...

Thanks for the encouragement. But, despite my self-encouragement, I actually haven't been out in the Real World much at all. I just haven't much felt like writing, either. My life has taken a turn for the shitty lately. But I'll write about it in due time.