Thursday, June 09, 2005

My Mouth Had An Orgasm; I Had A Panic Attack

Whilst chatting with JR last night, I got a ridiculous craving for Starbucks Java Chip ice cream.

It took a 40-minute excursion to both Wal-Marts to find it, but it was totally worth it. I swear, it's like a frozen orgasm for the tastebuds. Mmmm.

Today, I met with Gentry (new Greek Life director) for a bit, then I had class, and for the first time IN MY ENTIRE LIFE I understood accounting! I can't believe it! It was a joyous occasion for me, because Accounting I kicked my ass hard.

After getting out of class early, I went to the Sidelines office, and what did I find, you ask?

IT WAS RAINING IN THE OFFICE!

Wait, that's not good enough.

IT WAS RAINING IN THE OFFICE!!!!!!

There, that's better.

Now, I'm not referring to a small, drippy leak. Three ceiling tiles were letting the rain fall all over the .:flash and managing editor desks. All of our plaques got wet, too.

Well, naturally, I did what anyone else would do and freaked out. I started calling people while putting the tiny-ass trashbags over whatever I could. Finally, around 6 p.m., some maintenance guy showed up to cover stuff up. Of course, by this time, it had been monsooning for half an hour.

Yes, they're currently re-roofing the Mass Comm Building. NO, they're not doing it fast enough.

Could MORE things be fucked up right now? I probably shouldn't ask that.

Song of the day: "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"

Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm
I know
It's been coming for some time
When it's over so they say
It'll rain on a sunny day
I know
Shining down like water

I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?

Coming down on a sunny day
Yesterday and days before
Sun is cold and rain is hard
I know
It's been that way for all my time
Till forever on it goes
Through the circle fast and slow
I know
And it can't stop I wonder

I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?

I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?

8 comments:

theogeo said...

Oh no! Talk about unexpected challenges. Good luck!

J. R. said...

"Whilst"? And I'm turning British?

Wendy said...

Yes, many wet things: Monitors, keyboards, mice (mouses?), floors where towers are sitting...an overall bad experience.

At least I didn't say it happened at half six.

Shirley said...

Hey, I've had a monsoon in an office I worked - not from the roof. Some guy in the office above us cut through a major water line. It flooded out half a million dollars worth of computer & phone equipment. Big big mess.

J. R. said...

And you used my name right after you claimed "my mouth had an orgasm...". How good am I?

Wendy said...

Actually, I used your name right after "with"...it's my neverending effort to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition.

J. R. said...

Modern grammarians say there is nothing wrong with ending sentences with prepositions if altering the structure of the sentence to avoid it would make the sentence awkward.

They say the same thing about split infinitives.

The reason, if you must know, for both of these rules is that our grammar is based on Latin grammar and in Latin it is impossible to split an infinitive (because infinitives are one word in Latin).

Wendy said...

Yes, I'm aware that in Latin infinitives are one word. You know, I DID take 4 years of it. Here's something I learned:

Hic ego multas puellas futui.

Here I fucked many girls.

Neat, huh?