Monday, June 20, 2005

Steroids, "Pier Pressure," and Happy Birthday to My Celebrity Girlfriend

Thursday I went back to the doctor because my glands were still huge, and they gave me steroids and ordered me not to work. That's all good and well until bill time, but I'll worry about that later. They also said my mono relapsed, but I have my doubts and refused a blood test on account of not liking having bloodwork done. That was a good enough reason for them, because regardless of the results, they would've given me the steroids anyway, and as they put it, "We don't want to torture you."

Until I go back this week, that is, when I'm sure I won't be able to stave off the blood-taking. Did I use that word correctly? I've never actually typed it before.

Afterward, I headed home for my extended weekend. I ate lots of ice cream, watched a lot of movies and spent some quality time with season one of Arrested Development, which Tina and I watched about half of tonight.

I've finished day four of steroids, and I must say I'm feeling it. My muscles are kind of twitchy, so I'm guessing my body's all "Why did the drugs stop? Bring us more drugs!" I feel your pain, Jose Canseco. I feel your pain.

Alas, I can never have a career in Major League Baseball, so I'm glad I'll someday have a degree to fall back on. Maybe I could play AAA.

After watching the "Pier Pressure" episode, I'm convinced Arrested Development has some of the greatest writers on the planet.

As it is officially June 20, I'd like to wish a very happy 38th birthday to the woman who would be my celebrity girlfriend if I were famous and we were both lesbians, Academy Award Winner Nicole Kidman. Wow, I should be her publicist.

You hear that, Nic? Hire me! I'll keep you readers posted on how that job search goes. Maybe she'll offer me assistant. I'm young, fresh, and hell, I work for Starbucks, so I'm great at fetching coffee.

We had a successful yet stressful production last week with half the computers out of commission because of possible water damage. Jon's car broke down, so, you know, what's a production if I don't have to design something? Maybe I should take some design class, you know, just in case.

I'm off work until Sunday, which should give me some good resting time, not to mention more time to sit around and hate economics, which I did for about a half hour today while attempting homework. I did some accounting, though, so I felt productive. I still have to finish econ, but I'm trying to avoid it at all costs.

Before I sign off with the song of the day ("Something Stupid" - a remake the birthday girl did with Robbie Williams), don't worry, Nicole, you don't look a day past 30. And did you get the Birthday Girl reference? Yeah, one of her movies. I should so work for her.

I know I stand in line, until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me
And if we go someplace to dance, I know that there's a chance
You won't be leaving with me

And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
And have a drink or two
And then I go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid
Like: "I love you"

I can see it in your eyes, that you despise the same old lies
You heard the night before
And though it's just a line to you, for me it's true
It never seemed so right before

I practice every day to find some clever lines to say
To make the meaning come through
But then I think I'll wait until the evening gets late
And I'm alone with you

The time is right your perfume fills my head, the stars get red
And oh the night's so blue
And then I go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid
Like: "I love you"
("I love you, I love you,...")

1 comment:

theogeo said...

I'm no health nut (in fact, I'm a bonafide fatass), but do you take vitamins? You're sick so often I know it drives you nuts and stresses you out, thus weakening the ol' immune system and prepping you for yet another bout of sickness down the road. Has any of these doctors tried to sneak some preventative care into your drug diet?

Rest up and take care!