Thursday, November 03, 2005

"Starting Today I'm Someone I'd Be Proud to Know"

Actually, that started Monday.

It's no secret that a big part of my life has been consumed with the ever-growing problems at Sidelines. Monday, I refused to lie down and be someone's bitch, and for that, I'm proud of myself.

It takes a lot to fight off the kind of authority that wants to oppress, control, and berate you, but it's for those very reasons you must fight it. Tonight, I took another step by forwarding some communication to university officials.

Next week, I'll do more. Tomorrow, I'll be attending a meeting with staff members and the adviser, assuming I'm having no ovarian problems: Yesterday I ruptured an ovarian cyst, which is quite painful, I must say.

Happy birthday to my mom!

And, finally, from Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

No comments: