Monday, August 08, 2005

"Another One Bites The Dust"

Here's what happened when I got home from work, after I'd come into the house and went to play with Angelus.

Me: "Jesus, Tina, there's a dead bird!"
Tina: "Really?"

Apparently, the death of Angelus was a recent happening. Why do these things die when I'm going to find them? Luckily, Tina was around to properly dispose of it (translation: Ensuring I didn't have to). Oddly enough, she was on the phone with Brandy Is Awesome, so I yelled in the general direction of the phone, "Don't worry, Brandy, I don't need you to come get it out of the cage!"

So yeah. Dead bird. We now both agree that Buffy really does kill her parakeet counterparts. We also suspect she may be a he. Why can't birds be like humans: If they don't call you and have a penis, they're male.

We watched some of Angel season one today. This one episode, "I Will Remember You," is a crossover in which Sarah Michelle Gellar plays a fairly large roll. So Angel becomes human. Wow. And they're so happy. Then he becomes unhuman. And I cried a whole lot, especially for a Spike supporter.

I would blog more, but I have to go to Nippers Corner tomorrow to get some White Mocha before I go to work, lest we run out any many customers threaten to kill me or something.

4 comments:

T.V. Fritz said...

She plays a breaded, buttery croissant? I kid because I love...purely on a platonic friend level.

theogeo said...

Heh heh, that was funny, Joey.

Sorry to hear about your bird! We had cockatiels at my parents' for several years and when they would die, you would just find them stiff, on the bottom of the cage. It's sad.

T.V. Fritz said...

Was that sarcastic laughter or merely hollow praise?

Wendy said...

Roll...role...part...whatever...yeah, I shouldn't post near sunrise.