Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"For A Dreamer Night's The Only Time of Day"

I'm going to try something new for the next week or so: Using song lyrics as titles. The problem I see with this is that I might have something really cool happen and not be able to use a witty title, but we'll strap TNT to that bridge and run swiftly in the opposite direction later.

The above quote is from a song from a musical. Yes, it's embarrassing. Leslie would get it right in a heartbeat. AND somewhere in this blog is a hint. I didn't mean for that to happen, but it did. OK, enough delusions of thinking anyone cares. Except for Manda - she cares. She got the "Boom Boom Ba" reference a few blogs ago ("Can You Heart My Heart Beat in This Bond?"). Word up.

Today I did tips and got my review, and I'm getting a raise - woot! I then took a nap, took an Econ test, and saw I had a missed call from Greg. So I called him back:

Greg: So, what are you doing tonight?
Me: I guess I'll be finishing your shift.

I could use the hours, and he's been really sick. Working when you're sick is no fun, and I of all people know that. So I had some delicious sorority dinner and dessert that was not licked off of Katie despite my insistence that it was going to be, and I changed and went to work. I got to work the drive-thru, which rocked my world.

I'm off until Friday (unless Greg is still ailing and needs to leave a few hours early, in which case I''ll still get to sleep all day so I don't care). Kammi and I are going to hang out tomorrow/today (it's almost today - the sky is getting light like the sun is going to ruin the darkness).

Tina and I had too much fun with Brian's Facebook, and I signed his wall with a lovely verse of "Brian Doesn't Know" - if you want the verse and don't have Facebook, just ask. I'll be happy to share my brilliance with you.

Then I had a drink (who knew) and watched some TV with Tina until Brian called about half an hour ago because he couldn't sleep, so Tina went over to the AGR house, and I decided to blog.

I now have a big crush on Christian Bale. If the whole Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom/Nicole Kidman thing doesn't work out, it's nice to have a backup. Of course, Christian Bale's married. But a girl can dream, right?

For those inquiring minds who want to know where the blog title a few blogs ago came from, it's an excerpt from "She Don't Want Nobody Near" by Counting Crows. To all who didn't care - eh, I'm sure you have valid reasons.

And now, a new edition: mood and music.

Currently feeling: Cunning
Currently listening to: "All Eyes on Me" by Goo Goo Dolls


So, song of the day is "All Eyes on Me."

Daylight burns your sleepy eyes
It's hard to see you dreaming
You hide inside yourself
I wondered what you're thinkin'
And everything you're chasing
It seems to leave you empty

And it won't take long to burn
All eyes on me
Through the nothing that you've learned
All eyes on me
And the things you choose to be
All eyes on me

But your eyes look away
It's so hard to be someone
Strung out from today
And all that you knew slips away

You drown in deeper oceans
Inventing new religions
They smile and stab my back and
I lie and have to laugh

And it won't take long to burn
All eyes on me
Through the nothing that you've learned
All eyes on me
And the things you choose to be
All eyes on me

But your eyes look away
It's so hard to be someone
Strung out from today
And all that you knew slips away

And you hid in your room
And the light burns away
And you move from the truth
It's all so far from you

No comments: