Thursday, March 09, 2006

"Way on Down South, London Town"

Yes, they're still looking for the guy who used to live here, only this time, it was a Tuesday evening appearance from some bail enforcement person. I'm pretty sure that's a nice way of saying bounty hunter, but I wasn't here for that (just missed it), so I can't confirm it.

Work was long today (11 a.m. to 8:45 p.m., with an extended lunch break). My feet still hurt. I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to help take the edge off. It did help.

Today I was asked: "Do you want to go to London?"

Me: "Sure!"

Apparently this is a permanent move kind of thing. I'm down with that, though I can't, at the moment, afford it. Truth be told, for a while now (about a year or so), I've had this fantasy (dream, ideal situation, call it what you will) about leaving this - all this, and just going anywhere but here. I've become too stagnant even for my own tolerance, and I've been itching for a change. I'm not sure if I'll last until I graduate.

Ideally, I'll wait until I get that elusive piece of paper (or they assure me it's in the mail), then I'll pack all my shit and get the hell out of dodge. I'd like to give Europe a shot. Lord knows I'm an anglophile, and if nothing else, I wouldn't mind at least hearing all the mundane things in a different accent.

Murfreesboro has taken all that is good and lively in me and sucked it completely dry. I feel like all I do here is waste away, become less of a person, hope to accomplish something when in reality the only thing I really want is to escape.

No comments: