Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"Billie Jean Is Not My Lover"

I left myself logged in to MySpace tonight while making potatoes. Check out what Tina did to my space! Beware of messages from me between 1:20 a.m. and 1:50 a.m.

Today was terrible. I woke up...wait - that's a lie! I didn't even wake up. I did, however, toss and turn in bed until 6:07 a.m., when my alarm went off. OK, moving on, I got out of bed with severe pain. I guess it's from the surgery. I cried all the way to school and was more than annoyed when the doctor's office put me on hold. I'm supposed to call back if it's still there in a day. He said it might just be healing. Let's hope so.

After much debate, I've decided not to go to my final in three hours. Here is why:

1) I'm so over trying to track down this damn professor to find out what to do about class. I'm equally over his unwillingness to cut me a break. Granted, I'm not asking for a handout here. I just wanted to get an incomplete or, I don't know, maybe to just KNOW what assignments I'd missed so I could do them. But apparently that's asking too much.

2) I can't pass it. There are assignments that I need to do, and although I asked what they were, all I was told was that they were from the book. However, it's a TEXTBOOK - it's full of assignments. What am I supposed to do - finish everything in the damn book in hopes that some of them will be the ones he assigned? He also said that I wouldn't have time to finish them by Wednesday, so clearly, I'm fucked. These things are 30 percent of the grade.

3) Which leads me to my next point: It is mathetmatically impossible for me to pass. Why, then, should I sleep for two hours and torture myself for four (final and make-up test) if it's all for naught anyway? I'm afraid this seems like I'm giving up, and in a way I am, but I'm only giving up because it's impossible, not improbable.
(Side note: The head of the math department signed off of my drop form today, so thanks to her and my adviser for understanding and not failing me)

So I've decided not to go. I think it's the best decision. And if tomorrow morning is anything like this morning was, I'll be on my way to the see the doctor anyway.

I'm going back to work Wednesday, something that weirds me out a little. I've been gone a week and a half (unpaid, of course), so getting into the swing of things will be...traumatic at best. I'm kidding. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

Dear lord I want a drink. Any takers? The more you drink, the better I look! And the more I drink, the better you look. Isn't it neat how that works?

Oh, yeah, the title: The song is stuck in my head - it has no relevance to the blog. Although I did enjoy the last time I heard it. Do you know what happened? Well, one of you does, and the rest of you can just suss it out on your own.

Currently feeling: Relieved that I've made a decision and worried that it will come back to bite me in the ass

No comments: