Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Et amici sunt wet

I got to school this morning around 7:22 a.m., and I got the BEST parking space of my college career! It was so great, I never wanted to leave it. I just wanted to bask in its glory all day.

It was pouring rain, so I had to go all over campus in a monsoon. Not fun. When I finally got home at 6 p.m., I stripped to my socks and underwear and threw my clothes in the dryer before even eating. I was that wet.

I've officially declared my double major in math and philosophy. Woohoo! I have to have 12 hours of a foreign language, but I wanted to take Latin again anyway, and it's ridiculous that MTSU doesn't require foreign language. Et amici sunt agricolae. My friends are farmers also.

Oh, and here's what my Tuesday/Thursday schedule looks like (for those interested):
8:00-9:25 Foundations of Higher Mathematics
9:40-11:05 Applied Calculus IV
11:20-12:45 Insurance in Estate Planning
1:00-2:25 Jazz Dance
2:40-4:05 Recent Continental Philosophy
4:20-5:45 Pilates

That's right, my friends. No breaks. But I know I can snack during calc. and philosophy, so I'm not worried.

And now, Tolstoy Tuesday:

"Monsoon"

The drops spill
onto my forehead
and leave trails
along my face
as though tears
were streaming
from my eyes
over you

On the rest of the night's agenda: Get redressed. Have sorority meeting (no, guys, we don't have them naked). Get corkboard. Drink too much and attempt to throw darts. Let Robert laugh at me. Possibly throw dart at Robert. I'm kidding about that last part.

No comments: