Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolved Like Carpet Cleaner

I don't usually do this, but here goes.

My New Year's Resolutions:

1) Get my financial aid reinstated - I only have until January 12 to accomplish this, but if you know me, you know I'll be a complete basket case about it until I actually go before the committee and explain how my uterus hates me. I think I should work on my sales pitch.

2) Figure out my schedule with my adviser - I've been through so many advisers that I have no idea what's going on here. I do know what I need to graduate, and hopefully I'll be able to come up with a plan I can stick to, and hopefully it won't take two more years like I think it will. All this fall/spring only shit is just frustrating me, but maybe Dr. Kholodnyi knows a way around it.

3) Dance in the rain - Damnit, I will do this! It's been my goal since I was 15 or something, and I've never done it.

4) Stop living in my head so much - I mean, there's a whole world outside of my head, and yet, most of the time, I just retreat to my psyche to cause trouble for myself. That needs to stop.

5) Reduce my debt - Hopefully, I'll have more money to help accomplish this, although with one less job, I'm not really seeing it.

6) Enjoy my life - I'm 23. It's about time I slowed down and started liking my life a little more instead of just rushing through it to get from obligation to obligation.

7) Write more - This means I'll have to be inspired more, so hopefully I will be.

Well, there you have it. These are the things I intend to do this year. I guess I'll accomplish at least one. Let's hope so.

No comments: