Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hurry up and Wait

Well, I've officially appealed my financial aid, and, yes, I just got home. Now I just have to wait until noon tomorrow to find out if they've approved it. If not, I have until 4:30 to pay. Neat.

Thickness of medical records: approximately 2.5 - 3 inches. Nice.

Grade point average: more than 3.0, which, though is bad for me, is still probably one of the best they saw today.

Here's something I don't get: Why do they care if I want to take out a student loan to pay for my school? Hell, the banks should LOVE if I want to keep taking out loans and then dropping most of my classes. At this rate, I'll be taking out loans FOREVER! I understand if a scholarship student parties all semester and fails everything. They deserve a little dose of reality.

I, however, have had a 4.0 three of the past four semesters. Get off my case, man. I should've pulled a Red and been like, "Stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time." But I digress.

This whole thing should have been two different days: loan day and scholarship day. Approve all loan kids. I mean, really, without student loans, so many people would have to drop out of school. At least the scholarship kids can just get loans.

That's it. Nap time. I've been up since 8.

No comments: