Thursday, January 26, 2006

"I change my spots over and over, but they never seem to fade away"

Warning: I wax introspective.

It recently (within the past 24 hours) occurred to me that my life has become incredibly stagnant, and while I've suspected it, it really didn't bother me until now. So I went for a drive, listened to some Counting Crows (hence the blog title), got a little teary (good for the soul), and just thought about shit.

I think it's time to shake things up a bit.

I'm changing, into someone or something I'm not sure I like. Now, granted, this isn't always the case. Over the past year or so, I've added some great traits to my growing list of shit I like about myself, but that doesn't make all the bad stuff go away. It doesn't mean I don't make bad decisions, that I don't have regrets, that I don't wish that I thought I could be better. I used to know it. I used to be it.

No comments: