Monday, February 20, 2006

20 - 1 Firsts

According to Weather.com, it's 25 degrees outside. Translation: Going outside with wet hair was not a good idea. There are ice crystals all over my car; it kind of looks like glitter.

Salazar (the snake) is back to his usual self, exploring his cage and attempting to escape. Don't worry, friends, there are many text books keeping him in. No one can escape Thomas Calculus Tenth Edition (for all you AP fanatics out there, it's actually spelled out on the cover, so that's what I'm going with).

So, whilst I await my laundry to finish so that I can put it in the dryer and sleep read until I can't keep my eyes open anymore, here's a damn survey everyone I know (or three people, whatever) did. It's called "20 Firsts," which is terribly misleading because No. 6 is missing. Why is it that every survey has a number missing? And, more importantly, why does everyone leave that number missing? Why not just renumber and end at 19? That's what I'm going to do.

Without further ado, 20 - 1 Firsts.

1. Who was your first true love?
How about instead of trying to suss out a meaning of "true love" - far too open to interpretation - I'll just share a lovely gem of the first time I SAW true love. I was 15, it was Sept. 22, around 1:25 a.m., barely Tuesday. My aunt Sandi had just given birth to Kendall Dawn Irons, her first daughter. When I saw her hold her for the first time, it made me cry. That is true love. I have yet to find a dinner out with a guy that even comes close in comparison.

2. Who was your first kiss and when?
Aaron something-or-other. His mom was a librarian, and he had an older brother named Patrick. He was really cute for a preschooler. I, too, was like three or four - it was on the playground at day care, you sick freaks.

3. Who was your first prom date?
Kelsey was my prom date both years.

4. Who was your first roommate?
I guess my sister, because we shared a room when I was a baby because she kept getting out of bed in the middle of the night to come look at me. My parents just put me in her room to resolve the issue.

5. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time?
Homemade elderberry wine

6. What was your first job?
I was in the music video "They're Playin' Our Song" by Neal McCoy. If you really want to know, I was one of the kids jumping on the bed. I was 12, and I got paid $100 to do that and have a pillow fight. It was cool.

7. What was your first car?
My sister and I shared an '89 Pulsar that I named Jack. Then my dad bought me a '66 Thunderbird I named Foxy Ty. Then my mom freaked out about me driving an old car so we got my '95 Saturn, Mannix.

8.When did you go to your first funeral?
When I was 11, I went to my great-grandmother's funeral. My great-grandfather died a month before I was born, so I imagine I was in the womb during that one.

9. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
8, but I probably would've said 8 1/2 if you'd asked me then.

10. Who was your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Vagnier

11. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
Disney World with my dad. We flew first class, and I got to go in the cockpit because it was my first time on an airplane, and I was in first class, and they pretty much let you do whatever you wanted back then. I was 13.

12. Where did you go for your first date and who was it with?
To see Patch Adams and then to get ice cream at Baskin Robbins, and it was with Patrick, who, to this day, still holds the record for best Valentine's Day (I don't count the ones I spend with family, obviously).

13. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
I don't sneak out of my house. I just say I'm going out, and they used to want me to call if I was going to be out past 6 a.m., but now they don't care.

14. Who was your first real best friend and are you still friends with them?
My sister. Yes, I'm still friends with her, obviously. She'd normally be waking up now if it weren't a school holiday (I assume she also gets Presidents' Day off - most schools do).

15. Who was the first person to send you flowers?
I'm not sure who was first after my first surgery, because I was all drugged up, but probably friends and family, and my surgeon, who also sent flowers. I probably sent his kids to college with all the surgeries he did on me, so it all works out.

16. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?
Dobbs Hall at Emory

17. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
My dad, which, after reading everyone else's answers, is kind of weird.

18. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen
I was a junior bridesmaid in Sandi's wedding (I was 11). I have no plans on being a groomsman.

19. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Usually between 4 and 6 a.m., I go to bed. If you want to know what I do when I first wake up, I hit the snooze button. When I actually get out of bed, I put on some pants.

No comments: