Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I've Finally Decided...and I Didn't Cut Anything in Half

I'm Stella. It took me a while to figure that one out.

If you're not Lindsey or Amber, I'm referring to Gut Symmetries by Jeanette Winterson, who has definitely become my favorite writer.

For the past few months I've wondered if I'm Stella or Alice, as I possess traits of both, but when it comes down to it, I'm definitely Stella in this little cat-and-mouse-and-other-mouse charade.

I'm glad that's settled. Now I can go to bed.

I know, I know. I didn't say who Alice and Jove are. Maybe they'll figure themselves out. Wouldn't that be neat? I expect too much of people. No one has my taste in books except Lindsey and Amber. Didn't you just love The Passion? I hate when people think I'm referring to the Jesus movie when I mention that book. This actually happened to me (more than once):

"What are you reading?"
"The Passion."
"Like the movie?"
"No, that's the Bible."

Sigh. Lindsey: This is me doing that equal-opportunity hating:) You like?

No comments: