Monday, February 27, 2006

That Sounds Ultra!

I'm biding my time waiting on some ultrasound results. The technician lady said it looked like just some tissue (woot - I suspected as much), but the radiologist is supposed to review the films and let my doctor know, who will then inform me. I think it was the same chick who did my last ultrasound. That one wasn't so ultra.

Last night I was thinking (scary, I know), and I realized that over the past 12 months, I've been tested for terminal diseases two or three times. I'm not counting the ultrasound yet because they've yet to biopsy me, and I'd like to add that I don't think they need to. I say "two or three" because there are some tests they can do before they spinal tap you to see if you're meningitis-prone, and I happen to know what these are, having had them before whilst being checked for meningitis. They once did all those on me again, but they never told me why - I just knew.

Anyway, today I was coughing a lot, and I tasted blood in my throat. Can anyone explain that to me? I didn't see it (obviously, or I would've freaked out and gone across the street from work to the hospital, quarantined myself, and started reciting "The Masque of the Red Death" - my favorite Poe story, by the way), but I could taste it.

I'm going to high-tail it to the doctor tomorrow, which will go something like this: "What the fuck?! OK, I cave. You can put me on steroids! And, you know, I won't fight you for bloodwork, either, since it seems to want to make it's way up my esophagus or trachea or something. Let's just say 'throat' - it's wanting to say 'hi' to my tonsils, so maybe you should take a looksee and find out what the hell is in it."

All of these symptoms, though they sound freaky, will probably turn out to be incredibly mundane. I'm sure I'm just coughing so hard I'm breaking blood vessels or something, or maybe last week's chest pain or the anti-inflammatories have something to do with it. At any rate, I'm going to bed. I need to rest.

No comments: